Sunday 20 May 2012

Handmade Monday 67

Hi and welcome to Handmade Monday.

If you are of a different opinion do let me know, but it seems the first Handmade Monday on this blog was a great success.  Clicks through to blogs seemed (very slightly!) higher than the previous few weeks, although still very variable between blogs all the same.

It seems the first few blogs to link up get quite a lot more clicks than the rest - although I'm sure the thumbnail image has a lot to do with things too.  Images of crafts definitely seem to be the most popular - maybe people are looking for ideas?  Who knows!

It's a mix of work for me again and I'm starting to get used to splitting my time up between sewing, writing and painting . . .


but the boundaries are still blurred and maybe I should just be ok with that - I don't know, really.  These hearts were just one of those ideas I had to go with and just try them out.  You know how it is when an idea just gets in your head and bites.  I like them, but I've no idea if anyone else will and I'm not really sure where I'm going with them.  It might be an idea that evolves into something else completely - we'll see.

If you're joining in this week, please add your link below.  Find out more about Handmade Monday here.

14 comments:

Christmas Pie Crafts said...

There is something about hearts and craft that make a very good partnership. funnily enough I am working on something involving hearts but not finished in time for HM this week. I like the mix of materials you have used for yours - looks very good. I think blog visitors to craft sites like to see examples of work, but I do also think it is sometimes they are stuck for ideas of what to make and perhaps we provide that inspiration. Hope you have a good week and that the event goes well - fingers crossed for good weather.

Planet Penny said...

Can't wait to see the finished result! Hearts seem an evergreen theme...

Free Spirit Designs said...

the heart looks great - there is something very pleasing about the aesthetics of script on a page that adds visual appeal to a craft project. I love the way you've added the gingham fabric with a scripty swirl to it - it looks fab :)

I think that HM works really well here on HH, i agree that it fits better with the vibe of what this blog is all about - great decision Wendy! :)

Carolee Crafts said...

Hearts timeless and for all ages and yes I do like what you have done.

Tickled Pink said...

The heart is lovely and they are always popular. I love the way you have stitched this too.
I had the best day hitwise ever on the blog last week after the move, so I would say onwards and upwards with Handmade Harbour!

Nicki Tustin said...

The heart is lovely, I love sewing combined with paper. I agree that the thumbnail picture does have a great influence on what you click.

Unknown said...

Stitching hearts is really effective, am looking forward to see what becomes of this. The other interesting thing is how many heart shapes there are...

As to the move, I think it has been really successful but as ever you will have the numbers to see how it goes :)

Kazies Magical Designs said...

Thanks again Wendy for hosting Seems your new page is a great success love the new tweet bit too
Looking forward to seeing what you decide to do with those pretty hearts too xxx

Highland Monkey's said...

Thanks for hosting another linky party. If you're not sure which way you want to go with the project sometimes it's best to put it aside and then come back later. I'm sure you will come up with a great idea.

Ali said...

Hi Wendy,
Thanks for viewing my blog and leaving your lovely comment.
Thanks also for the advice I definitely need that, really appreciated.

Ali x
PS Your hearts are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

I love your idea for the hearts! X

Unknown said...

Your heart looks great. I love text in an image. I also find it difficult to allocate time to each project - at the moment I have a painting and a necklace on the go (and a million ideas in my head). My notebook is my saviour lol.

Libby x

Jan said...

I have to agree with everyone else, the heart is lovely and works well with the script. I love 'playing' with new things and wondering where it's going to take me.

Jan x

Vicky, Betsy Cat Designs said...

Thank you for Handmade Monday, such a wonderful and motivating idea - loving all the tutorials! V x