Tuesday 7 August 2012

Five Minutes of Fame?

Well, I must say I was rather surprised to see Handmade Harbour get a mention on a Twitter email this morning.

Up there among the Olympic and Google news was Handmade Harbour (and, more specifically, HandmadeMonday)!



I think this is down to the number of retweets of a link (I might be wrong, please correct me if I am) so a big thanks to all you retweeters out there (you know who you are - and so do other people now as your Twitter link is on that newsletter too).

I'm not getting too excited about this - it hasn't translated into huge numbers of clicks and I don't know if this goes out to everyone or if we all get different versions - but every little helps, right?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely surprise! Very cool :)

Free Spirit Designs said...

oooooh exciting! i'm not completely sure what it means but it sounds good! :)

Pickle Lily said...

Wow - even more fame!
jo x

Fiddly Fingers said...

Oooh! What a great surprise! They say any publicity is good publicity!

Christmas Pie Crafts said...

I don't always read the emails that come in from Twitter saying 'so and so and 2,000 others, etc'. So embarrassing as missed this one. Good news - well done all.

The Sewing Directory said...

I've heard that Twitter are trying to tailor things to users to make it more personal, so showing them more of the things relevant to them.

I found this out when I took part in a Twitter chat and suddenly the has tag was showing as no 1 UK trend - turns it it was only showing on mine (and a couple other people in the chat) not on everyones. So it wasn't really the top trend in the UK, it was just the trend Twitter thought I would be most interested in.

I imagine they may do a similar thing with the newsletters, and tailor it to each individual to show the things they think you'll want to see. Hopefully though that means it will have gone into the newsletters of many of your Twitter followers too :-)

Wendy said...

Thanks Fiona - that makes a lot of sense - I did wonder if that was what had happened. Because it didn't result in a huge number of clicks it makes sense that it was more of a targeted email.