Sunday 2 December 2012

Handmade Monday 95

Welcome to another Handmade Monday (click the link to find out what it's all about).

Well, we're in full head-on Christmas shopping mode over on my website, with this week and next expected to be the busiest weeks of the year.  It seems every time I look at the computer there's another order or several waiting for my attention.  I'm sure many of you are the same, and that's probably why Handmade Monday seems a little quieter recently.

the "finishing off" table

You may have noticed we're hurtling towards not just Christmas but another celebration: we're rapidly coming up to the 100th Handmade Monday!  Now, because Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve are both Mondays, I decided we'd take a little break over the holidays - I hope that's OK with you.  The last Handmade Monday before Christmas will be 16th to 18th December and the first one in the new year will be 6th to 8th January.

So the 100th Handmade Monday will happen on 21st January ... IF my adding up is right! (always a big IF, that one!)

To celebrate, there will be giveaways!  Freebies are coming from more than one direction, so do make sure you come back in the new year!

Anyway, back to this week: I have managed to negotiate delaying one of my Craftseller magazine projects until after Christmas, which I'm supremely grateful to be able to do. I don't know where the time would have come from otherwise!  I'm already working evenings and weekends.

I will pop round to as many Handmade Monday links as I can this week - forgive me if I don't leave a comment, although I will do my best to comment on as many as I can.

11 comments:

Free Spirit Designs said...

I did guess that you'd be getting pretty busy with Christmas orders by now Wendy! They look so lovely all lined up and awaiting your attention :)

How exciting to be approaching the big 100 for HM! I just checked and i started joining in at 62... i haven't missed one since though! Thank you so much for organising it every week despite being a very busy lady! xxx

Highland Monkey's said...

I like the way you have all the orders so neatly on your table.
Wow, 100 HM how neat is that, thanks for taking the time to organise it for everyone.

Stephen @ Soy of the North said...

Hurray for 100 Handmade Mondays. Time to dust off those party clothes before the big event :-)

I don't know how you keep your work area so neat and tidy. Mine is complete chaos!

Sarah - The Lilac Dragonfly said...

Thanks as always Wendy for organising Handmade Monday every week despite your countless other commitments...it's truly appreciated by us all!!
Hope you have a great week!
s x

Handbags by Helen said...

Can't believe it's almost 100! wow. Thanks for popping by my page - you look really busy so am amazed you found the time to post anything at all this week.

Blue Forest Jewellery said...

Always great to be busy! Hope everyone gets lots of sales and hits this week. Alison x

fatmonica said...

Where does the time go?How exciting to be nearing the 100th Handmade Monday.Can't wait!

Martha said...

wow, you're a real crafting machine! so busy! really amazed how you manage to cope with so many projects on a daily basis :)

yes, time's seem to be shrinking and the christmas is just round the corner. i bet there will be many more christmassy stuff on your blog to see.

i'm looking forward to the 100th Hand made Monday! such a great number! - well done on hosting this blog hopping fun! it's a big commitment!

Unknown said...

Wow! you are a busy lady :-) Brilliant news on coming up to the 100th and really pleased I won't miss it by being away over Christmas! Good luck for the next couple of weeks! Simmi x

Helen said...

Wow cant believe its nearly 100 handmade mondays! What a milestone! Well done for hosting them all x

Jan said...

I haven't been able to join in this weeks HM but I'm still hoping to visit most of those who have left links :)
Jan x