Sunday 13 January 2013

Handmade Monday 99


Welcome to Handmade Monday - find out more by clicking the link.

I blogged a while ago about this chalkboard...


you may remember the little felt teapot, which works as a mini chalk and duster holder...


It's now featured as a project in the February issue of Craftseller magazine, which is due in the shops in a few days (subscribers should already have their copy).


It's made from an old wooden picture frame, updated with a lick or two of paint (and the teapot, of course).  The chalk board part is just the old backing board reused.  I love a good upcycled project, don't you?

I have another frame ready to recycle, extra large this time, rescued from who knows where by someone who just knew I'd use it.  I think I may do something similar with that one.

You may have noticed it's the 99th Handmade Monday.  Enjoy this week's links - of course! - but do pop back next week for some celebratory giveaways!  We can't let our 100th go by unmarked, although I'm not expecting a telegram from the Queen just yet...

20 comments:

MadBirdDesignsUK said...

Hey that's great well done x Joan

Handbags by Helen said...

Love the Idea of the teapot for holding dusters and chalk. I'm always losing mine!

Bev Newman said...

I really look forward to seeing your ideas in craft seller, its nice to see the process behind your fantastic makes :-)

knitnrun4sanity said...

Congratulations again :). It is a great make. I think you deserve a telegram from the queen as it is an amazing achievement. (bet she would too if she knew about it!)Look forward to reading about this weeks successes.

Free Spirit Designs said...

what a fantastic upcycle, i love it! V tempted to have a go at one myself :) x

Highland Monkey's said...

Loving the colour of the teapot. What a good way to re-cycle a frame.

hazel young said...

saw your article in craftseller and love it x

Sarah - The Lilac Dragonfly said...

I always look forward to seeing your makes in Craftseller...especially if you've given us a sneaky peek on the work in progress...or even just a little clue as to what you were doing... xx

Jan said...

Congratulations on the publication, it's a great way to reuse old frames that have lost their glass.
Looking forward to next weeks 100th

Jan x

testing said...

I love this idea, perfect for the kitchen, another great piece

Cocoa & Heart said...

WOW next week is 100 ? That's really great - I'm far far behind with blogging but I enjoy it when I find some time. Thank you for taking the time to run Handmade Monday !

CraftLee said...

Looking good ! The teapot is such a cute colour ! I really need a chalkboard in my kitchen ! Thanks once again for hosting & can't wait to see what's in store for the 100th !

CatkinJane said...

I really like that chalkboard - getting excited for next week already!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous idea. I love the idea of upcycling xxx

Christmas Pie Crafts said...

A lovely idea for board cleaners - great fun too. On the brink of 100 HMs? Hard to know where the time has gone. Well done Wendy, long may it continue. Hope you have a good week.

Unknown said...

What a lovely idea to upcycle the frame, & love the little teapot.

Melanie x.

Unknown said...

I'm a newbie to Handmade Monday but after putting up my link I've had a wonderful time browsing through everyones else's blogs. What a great way to spend a wet Monday afternoon!

Adaliza said...

That's such a great idea. I'm always losing my piece of chalk and never have anything to wipe it clean with - really clever.

Rebekah said...

As always, just gorgeous. I love that little teapot - I also really admire that you have a distinctive style. One look and you can tell one of your designs - I love that and really hope that one day I can achieve that same consistency. And roll on #100 :)

AliceAndFlorence said...

I love the teapot, and the chalkboard design. The blue colour is lovely too. Your posts make for such helpful interesting reading.
Wendy x