Sunday 28 April 2013

Handmade Monday 114

Hello! Welcome to Handmade Monday!

Well, it's not hard to figure out the highlights of my week include my visit to London and the UK Pinterest party on Thursday evening.

Pinterest goody bag

Do you use Pinterest?  I can't imagine life without Pinterest, which probably makes me sound like a bit of a geek without a real life. Interestingly, it was probably my slightly obsessive pinning habit that got me onto the guest list - funny how staying at home and drooling over cool images can lead to a posh party invite!  It's a crazy world!

I think I need to do a separate post on the party and introduce you to some of the amazing bloggers I met there.  Watch out for it this coming week.  Oh, and my Pinterest boards are here, just in case you haven't discovered the joy that is Pinterest.  Is there anyone out there who hasn't yet?  I'm currently finding it invaluable for collecting inspiration for my new digital stamp images.  It's like a giant digital scrapbook - with links!

Back to London.  London is a place full of surprises.  Traffic and tall buildings, of course -  and...er, herons...

out for lunch in south west London

and farm animals...


with lambs and goats happily feeding from their mums

aah!

I very much like the way perfectly gorgeous snippets of nature are dovetailed into sometimes quite a small space creating what seems like a mini-getaway that can be enjoyed by many.  I have never really understood London living (to me it seems busy, cramped and overpriced with a liveliness and culture that might of course appeal but at what cost?) but I am beginning to see why my daughter loves it.  She's a city girl at heart, though, and I'm just not.

This was another surprise...

the world's first unattended city shop.  
Hope they've taken the keys out of the ignition...

I didn't visit the honesty shop, but maybe next time.   It's housed in an old double-decker bus parked in a place that hosts a weekend market with craft stalls and things that are just a bit different - so I'm told.  I wasn't there over the weekend this time, so maybe I'll visit it next time I'm in London - it's just a short walk from where my daughter lives and most of the walk is along that heron-populated river.

In other news, if you'd be up for some digital stamp testing for me, please have a look here for free digi stamps in exchange for feedback.

Oh, and yes, the vanbag got finished - more on that soon!


And that's it from me for now - over to you for Handmade Monday's lovely blog hopping...

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that bag!!! :-) x

Free Spirit Designs said...

Oooh i'm intrigued to know what you got in the good bag from Pinterest! :) Its such a fun site isn't it, i was soooooo excited when i first signed up and went a little pinning crazy!!

I know what you mean about London, its a great place to visit - so much to see! I wouldn't live there either though, i'm a country bumpkin at heart i think :)

Your campervan bag is the cutest! I love the fabrics you've used.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your digital stamps, i could see this avenue being another great success for you! :)

CatkinJane said...

I have to admit to having not really got to grips with Pinterest yet. I probably need to spend a bit more time looking (how awful!) so am off to see how you do it :)

Planet Penny said...

I went to the Pinterest Meetup too, but it was on Monday and there were just three of us there. What a shame our visits didn't coincide.
Penny x

Ginx Craft said...

I have signed up to Pinterest just this week. I haven't got to grips with it yet, as I have just pinned loads of my own pictures, which I know isn't meant to be the point. I do get quite a few visitors to my blog through pinned photos. I did a post early this week about being a bit of a technophobe. Oh I've just seen your Pinterest button, and am going to click it.

Ali (Patchwork Fairy) said...

I love Pinterest and look forward to hearing about your party meet up. The street markets are what I enjoy browsing when in London - Brick Lane has lots of lovely vintage shops and stalls. Campervan bag is fab!

Jan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jan said...

I haven't succumbed to Pinterest yet. Maybe one day. I was born and brought up in Liverpool and used to love visiting the city farm. I'm in a rural area now but still love to visit all cities. I wouldn't like to live in a city now though.

Jan x

Unknown said...

Ohhh how exciting to be invited to the Pinterest party - are you allowed to tell us what was revealed?

The Campervan bag is great - right up my street :-)

Glad you enjoyed London and didn't get lost on the Underground!

Wendy said...

I'll tell you all about it later in the week! I forgot to mention the underground - was very proud of myself and didn't get lost once (although I did ask directions once and was helped by 2 very lovely ladies).

Wendy said...

Penny - it would have been superb to meet up with you. Maybe another time! Did Pinterest organise your meet up? I know some of the team had been in London for a few weeks.

Anonymous said...

I love Pinterest, but am not sure I use it to my best advantage. I keep meaning to sit and have a big "session" with it but never seem to find the time.
I'm with you on London, nice to visit, but lovely to get back to my rural hideaway - can't imagine living there at all.
The campervan bag is fabulous! You are so clever. xx

Sarah - The Lilac Dragonfly said...

I love Pinterest, London and your Van bag!! Sounds like you had a fab trip!
Have a great week!
S x

Christmas Pie Crafts said...

I don't use Pinterest as much as I should, despite finding some really gorgeous things to pin. Look forward to reading your post about the event. London is a fascinating place, vibrant, exhausting and nice to be able to travel to rather than live in (I was born in London and as good as it is to visit, I like going home to some peace and quiet). The van bag is great. Hope you have a good week.

pennydog said...

I was invited to that party too, London is a fair trek for me though! I'm going to be part of their blog hop in just over a week's time.

say it said...

Can't wait to hear more about the Pinterest party. Love the bag :-)

Wendy said...

Kerry (pennydog) - such a shame you didn't go, would've loved to have met you. Not sure I would've gone if I wasn't combining it with staying with my daughter. Was a lovely excuse to see her and my baby granddaughter!

Kat Shenton said...

Adorable bag!

I understand your pinterest addiction. I actually had to drag myself away after a few days of doing nothing but going round pinning amazing pictures. It's great for inspiration though!

Natalie Jones said...

I love London and wish I had chance to live there when I was younger and child free. I love Pinterest too! Although you can get lost there for hours. Your campervan bag is gorgeous, I particularly like the fabric you've used for the bumper and tyre. Look forward to seeing what goodies you were given x

Little Harriet said...

I haven't been bitten by the pininterest bug yet. I did have a look but wasn't sure if I had to join as a business or not... I think I have to do a bit more research!
I love how full of life London is, I'd love to live there but only for a year or so, I'd miss the sea.
Am glad you had a great time.

Little Harriet said...

OO forgot to say that the campervan bag is ace!

Kitsch Stitch said...

Oh the party sounds intriguing - we need more information!

I've been busying doing some sketchy stitching this week, thank you for inspiring me.

Sue said...

Am pretending Pinterest doesn't exist or I might get even more sidetracked than usual - I can procrastinate for England already!!! We escaped from London seven years ago and while I enjoy the odd visit it's much calmer and better for me down here in Devon... Am watching that campervan bag .. Know more than one person who would love to receive that...