Sunday 12 May 2013

Handmade Monday 116

Welcome to Handmade Monday.  Click the link to find out how to join in!

Well, the big news from me this week is that the Handmade Harbour website is now live on the internet!  At the moment it's just a holding page, while I work away behind the scenes to create a proper, functioning website where people can browse and maybe, just maybe, even buy things...

one of my digi stamps, inspired my my daughter's cat!

You can visit the holding page at HandmadeHarbour.com or HandmadeHarbour.co.uk -  both addresses should take you to the same place.

For now, I'm using the same banner as on my blog - but I think maybe I need a banner that reflects more what I'm planning to do.  Something that includes my hand-drawn images and card making (as well as sewing).   I have an idea in my head of how I'd like it to look, but it may be some time before I find the time to bring that idea into the real (or online) world!

cat at the rough sketch stage

I'm busy creating printable images for the website, as well as building the actual website, but it feels like I can't create fast enough at the moment.  It's a lot of fun though!

I'm still working hard on the personalised gifts too, which - as always - does take up a lot of my time.  I can't complain though, as it's rather a nice way to earn a living - just a little tying when you make everything to order!

making art hangers

It's time to hand over to you, now - I'm looking forward to seeing what's going on in your handmade world!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh things seem to be really moving ahead fast for you. I am really pleased for you, you have played such a part in my journey and I really want to thank you and wish you all the best on yours. (It sounds like I am leaving but I am afraid not. You are stuck with me for some time yet!!)

Unknown said...

Wendy, I wish that I had a tenth of your artistic gifts... I have really enjoyed catching up with your blog this afternoon. Love the cat and think he will make a great stamp... now how about an iron and sewing machine for me?

Free Spirit Designs said...

Ooooh that's so exciting Wendy! I can't wait 'till your new site is up and running, i know it will be an aladin's cave of gorgeous things and i will be recommending it left right and centre! :)

I too am venturing into the world of digital downloads so i really look forward to hearing your hints ad tips as your new venture progresses.

Your cat image is so cute! Your artwork is always so characterful and appealing :) x

Patchwork Fairy said...

Gosh it's exciting to see the website developing! Your style of drawing is really good - quirky and cute, your images are always very appealing. Looking forward to see how things expand!

Unknown said...

Busy busy for you then, eh? The website has a great introduction and I'msure will be a great success when it officially launches. I'm sure you already realise how appreciated you are, not only by hosting Handmade Monday but by offering all sorts of hints, tips and inpiration along the way. Thank you and good luck xx

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so looking forward to seeing the website when it goes live. You have your finger in so many pies, I don't know how you find time to do it all.
Your comment about everything being made to order made me smile too - I can really relate to that, but, as you say, it's not a bad way to make a living. xx

Anne-Marie said...

Oooo....exciting times! So lovely to see my card on the website and I'm really looking forward to your launch....good luck, Wendy! x

Dawn said...

Hello it's my first Handmade Monday, nice to meet everyone, looking forward to seeing your makes...

Christmas Pie Crafts said...

Well done Wendy and good luck. The website looks good and looking forward to seeing it develop,. Hope you have a good week.

Wendy said...

Welcome Dawn! Lovely to have you join us!

Thanks everyone for all the kind words. Ros, I'm quite inspired by sewing machines and there may end up being a few but I hadn't included irons anywhere. Hmmm, I think there's something psychological going on there!

Kate @craftsonsea said...

Exciting news about the new website! Look forward to seeing it when it's all finished :)

PoppyK said...

Hi Wendy
I cannot wait to see the completed website.....a gorgeous website full of your stunning creations! It's going to be amazing I am sure.
Thanks for organising Handmade Monday once again
Anna xxx

testing said...

Wow exciting times ahead, popped on over to the website and its looking good :)beautiful little art hangers you're a busy bunny

KimzKrafts said...

Just started with the blog thing, all a bit bewildering at the moment! Hope what I have done works and that you like my Handmade Monday entry. Kim x

Ginx Craft said...

Just nipped over to your website. Your design are great. I really like the seagulls.

I have just scrolled down to look at The Walled Garden post. Had you thought of doing a design based on the door in the wall. There is something rather lovely and mysterious about a door in a garden wall.

Bev Newman said...

The website looks great and I love the cat stamp - will be sharing the website with my card making friends once its ready for them to spend their pennies x

Anonymous said...

Wow, exciting times! Can't wait to see the site once it's live!

Pickle Lily said...

What a super busy lady you are - and very talented! Thank-you for still finding time to host Handmade Monday. Have a good week, Jo x

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lovely things- couldn't see how to enter my link, so here it is http://nanacathydotcom.wordpress.com/2013/05/14/how-to-stuff-a-giraffe/

Sue said...

Have clicked for the preview! Love the card made from your seagull stamp - looking forward to June for the full unveiling! Sue ;-)