Sunday 19 May 2013

Handmade Monday 117

Welcome to another Handmade Monday!

This week I've been mostly glued to my laptop, uploading image after image onto my new Handmade Harbour website!  I've set myself targets of how many I need to upload per day and I'm slightly ahead (for now, anyway!) which makes me happy!

OK, so it's posed by someone younger than me 
(my youngest daughter, who doesn't mind the odd modelling assignment for me)

I've also gathered together some fabrics but not done much else anything else with them yet.  These are in readiness for a project for Sewing World.  Hopefully I'll find some time this week for sewing because time is marching rather quickly towards my deadline! It's something I'm looking forward to making, because it's got beach huts in it (and I'm a sucker for beach hut imagery!).

just waiting to be cut and sewn

I've kind of tried to restrain myself from doing too many beach huts on my digital stamp images, but there are  a few in there...


Now I have a range of images, I need to get more organised and concentrate on specific occasions for card sending because I've noticed some of my categories are much emptier than others!  Still, that's something I can keep building on after the site is launched.

It's over to you now.  What's your handmade week been like?

19 comments:

CatkinJane said...

Nice collection of fabrics - I can see beach huts in there!
Well done on being ahead with your uploads, it's amazing how much time doing that sort of thing can swallow.

Louise@ElsieMayandBertha said...

Computer work is the most boring and time consuming of the selling online lark. I'd love to have an assistant to do it for me!
You must be having to do loads, so I can only congratulate you on getting all of your work uploaded onto the new site. I'm really looking forward to seeing it (and you can never have too many beach huts!).

Free Spirit Designs said...

Uggh! Uploading images, descriptions etc is soooooo boring isn't it! i find i have to do a little at a time interspersed with something more fun! It will be worth it when its all done and looking lovely though :)

You are the queen of beach huts! I just know your creation for sewing world will be fabulous :) x

Wendy said...

So glad it's not just me that finds uploading boring. I think it's one of the reasons I could never concentrate on one-offs! Imagine having to upload images every time you made anything...

Jan said...

I find that doing the descriptions are the most time consuming. I generally do mine in word and copy & paste. That way I can just change the bits I need to.

Looking forward to seeing your site up and running, I like that you have used the HH banner from this blog :)

Jan x

Anonymous said...

Yes I hate the uploading bit too! Not nearly as much fun as making the originals! Lots of nice blue fabrics in the basket Wendy - could it be a beachy themed something?!!

Kate @craftsonsea said...

Loving your digi stamps :) (and yes I did have to read your explanation of what they are!!)

Anonymous said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with beach huts and your fabrics look just perfect for the theme :)

Martha said...

your beach huts are always lovely, whether they are sewn, drawn, painted or made into digi stamps.
holiday season is coming so they will surely be popular.

Unknown said...

I'm a new visitor to your blog, my mum (fiddly fingers) sent me your way and I'm very glad she did! I can completely understand your love of beach huts and these are particularly cute! Thanks for hosting the link party!

Little Crab Designs said...

you can never have too many beach huts :) I too have spent a lot of my week uploading content to my new website - launching in two weeks... exciting but scary at the same time !

testing said...

Creating a websites can become so additively time consuming hehe, love you beach hut stamps!

Highland Monkey's said...

You can never have to many beach huts (In my opinion anway!) The fabrics in the basket are rather lush.

Bev Newman said...

What a great idea to set yourself a daily uploads target.... I think I might just be copying that :-) I love the colours you've chosen for the beach hut project, will be keenly waiting to see the finished item :-)

Unknown said...

I think that beach huts are like sunflowers, they just make you smile and think of happy times. So is it the Rosmademe sunflower stamp I see you doodling?

Stephen @ Soy of the North said...

Uploading is one of my least favourite things to do. At least you have the sewing to look forward too.

Dawn said...

Looking forward to seeing everything when its been uploaded, I still have loads to do myself to update my site

Helen said...

Really looking forward to seeing the new website up and running. Beach huts are fab, you cant help but smile when you see them :)

Christmas Pie Crafts said...

Lovely material and you can never have too many beach huts. Good luck with the uploading - a loooooong job. Hope you have a good week.