Sunday 23 June 2013

Handmade Monday 122

Hello and welcome to Handmade Monday!

I've been taking some time off this week!


We took ourselves off to Somerset and stayed in a lovely village (or small town? I'm not sure!) called


for a very restful week!


We spent our days just pottering, sometimes quite aimlessly....


Long walks on mostly very empty beaches


with no shortage at all of fossils to discover


and cliffs to admire and wonder at (it would be a geologist's dream here)


gorgeous wild coastal flowers to brighten up an already bright day


beautiful villages to explore


steam trains to watch (and ride on!)


which left from the most beautifully-kept train stations I've ever seen!


And even little water-powered trains which carried us almost vertically up a cliff


Sharing chips with seagulls


A little bit of sketching (but not much, to be honest!)


And watching spectacular sun sets over the sea - from our holiday cottage's little back yard right next to the water!


The weather was mixed but mostly pretty much OK and we came back rested and happy (but ready to get stuck back into work, which is just as well as I've spent the weekend trying to play catch up).

What has your week been like?  Do leave your link and I might actually get round and visit some of you this week, seeing as there are no beach views to distract me any more!

27 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a lovely break! Gorgeous piccies and hope you managed to catch up over the weekend! Simmi xx

Made in Suisse said...

Beautiful fossil and rock formations...looks like a very inspiring place!

Unknown said...

That looks like an amazing break. I so want a ride on that water powered train. I think there should be a whole lot more water powered methods of transport.

Sarabeth
Life of an Agnostic Sunday School Teacher

pip said...

looks like a lovely sunny day :) great pics!

Claire Cooper said...

Sounds like you had an amazing time, I love opportunity to get away.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a lovely restful week. Pottering and walking is a nice way to chill out xx

CatkinJane said...

Looks like you've had a good time away too (we're just back from Dublin)
Those empty beaches look wonderful, I'm a bit anti-social when it comes to beaches - I prefer them empty!

Free Spirit Designs said...

looks like you had a lovely trip! Its so nice to just potter around somewhere new isn't it.

I hope you have come back feeling refreshed! x

Anonymous said...

Very lovely pictures, looks like a restful week was had:)perfect.
Vicky

Unknown said...

That sounds like a lovely relaxing holiday, Wendy x

Ginx Craft said...

What lovely pictures. Look like you had a really relaxing time. I recognise the water-powered train, as we went on it at Easter, although we were staying a bit the other way in North Devon. For someone who doesn't like heights I found it quite a achievement.

Jan said...

What an idyllic place. Your pics are great. I like fossil hunting :) I've done it in Wales. Beach sunsets are lovely, especially as you were staying so close to the beach.

Jan x

Martha said...

Looks like a great time off. Love the photos from the coast. Very envious :)

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a lovely weekend! I'm sure I've been to Watchet myself at some point, that seagull looks familiar!

Lyn said...

My kind of heaven - lovely photos and it was kind of you to share them.

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos!

AliceAndFlorence said...

The photos you took are great, the flowers and scenery beautiful. The sunset looks amazing. Hope you feel well rested from your holiday. I love cottage breaks, you can just do your own thing.
Wendy x

MadBirdDesignsUK said...

Wonderful holiday! No post from me this week I broke the pc again, but I will be visiting all those great blogs tomorrow. XX's Joan

Lucie said...

You take some lovely photos. I miss the sea, here in the middle of Yorkshire.
Just wanted to thank you for your Handmade Mondays linkup. You've definitely had a hand in my increasing views and follows.

Goodnight Boutique said...

It sounds like an absolutely heavenly week! I could really use a break like that - especially a ride on a steam train :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing with us your impressions from the trip.
I guess you recharged your batteries completely.
Best wishes
Jo (Selenarte)this cpverspl

testing said...

Wow the weather looked gorgeous I'm glad you had a good week off and I love your sketch

Lucy Blossom said...

Those photos are amazing, it looked like a lovely place to be. I definitely want to go fossil hunting once my toddler is a bit older.

Dawn said...

Looks like you had a great holiday, superb pictures x

Stephen @ Soy of the North said...

I used to go on holiday to a holiday park near Watchet when I was a kid. It's a lovely place to visit. The only problem was that the TV transmitters in Wales were closer than the English ones, so we were stuck with Welsh TV :-D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting Wendy! :-)

Helen said...

What a lovely place! Sounds like you had a great time. This is a really beautiful country, dont know why so many people insist on jetting off overseas all the time!