Wednesday 4 September 2013

Midweek Papercraft Party (3)

Welcome to another Papercraft Party!  

First up, last week's winner is:

Lesley Fox 

from Crafty Li'l Lel who created a fab card from the free cupcake digi stamp

Thanks for taking part Lesley (and well done!!) - please choose three digis from the Handmade Harbour shop as your prize and email wendy@handmadeharbour.co.uk with your choice!

Back to this week! This week's theme is smile (or laugh).  I'd love to see what you create for this!  For a little bit of inspiration, would you like to see what the design team has been creating?  OK then, here we go...

Valerie tells me she couldn't help creating a set of cards!  They're all 4" x 4" and you can find out more on her blog.  I love the bright colours - she's done an amazing job!  





Anita  didn't stop at just one card either!  This young beginner witch was made by combining two stamps.  She's reading a spelling book and I love how Anita has got some witch-themed spellings into the background, too.  I love how Anita's cards seem so full of colour and light.

The potions on the card above and below came from the witch's potion shelf digital stamp but the witch above is the young witch with spelling book digistamp


And (below) don't you love what she did here?  That enormous cake the ladies are eating has been reproduced underneath the main image as half-eaten cakes!  What a super card!  You can find the stamp on the humorous digital stamps page.



Mary's thoughts for the theme of smile were photographic!  I love that the camera digi stamp has been left as a black and white image, backed up by a really simple colour scheme.  A cool card with a great message for all of us!



For "smile" Laura chose to use toddler Emily with rabbit digistamp because she puts a smile on her face (mine too!  The real Emily - my granddaughter and inspiration - is asleep on my sofa as I am writing this).  I particularly love the simple (but very effective) technique Laura describes for paper piecing which she used on Emily's and the rabbit's dresses.  It's well worth checking out the tutorial on Laura's Crafty Lawyer Creates blog where she describes how she achieved this look...



Kel says she's not a wine drinker but she said she can't help smiling at this image!  I'm sure there's a wine lover out there who would love to receive this card! It's certainly a pretty good digi stamp for a wine drinker!


 Connie made a gorgeous scrapbook page on the theme of smile, with a cute cupcake image on there.  Those cuties in the photo certainly make this worthy of a smile and the whole page has such a happy feel.

     
If you've made a card (or other papercraft project) that fits our theme of smile (or laugh), then please do link up and show us!  We'd all love to see it.  If you've used Handmade Harbour stamps in your design, you may win some free digi stamps!

To try Handmade Harbour stamps free, check out our freebies!  Or look at the humorous digi stamps for a bit more inspiration on the theme of smile and laugh!

5 comments:

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Wow, you really have some wonderful artists on your team, Wendy! I love EVERYTHING they did!!

Wendy said...

They (and you, Valerie!) are fabulous! I'm so amazed and inspired by what the team make just by starting with my little black and white line drawings!

nancyparker55 said...

Great challenge.

melissa said...

Hi. I am really sorry I posted my blog in the wrong bit! I was after the handmade monday one! Sorry!

Wendy said...

No problem Melissa - I notice you've found the right place now! x