Sunday 30 March 2014

Handmade Monday 161

Welcome to another Handmade Monday - and Happy Mother's Day to mums in the UK! Today is Mothering Sunday here in the UK (to give it its official title).  I think the rest of the world celebrates Mother's Day on a different date (but please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

One of the great (but occasionally very weird) things about designing projects for magazines is the peek into the coming seasons via the craft medium.  This week I've made summer-themed cards for Craftseller


and although I know summer is on the way, this made it feel more real, somehow!  As soon as I saw the summer tag (it's on one of the free papers they'll be giving away with the magazine - they send me the papers to make the cards for them) I knew I had to include it!  It's a lovely spring day here in Cheshire today and it makes summer feel close by.



In Guide Dog Puppy Quentin news... well, he's had his first bus ride without any problems at all.  He's continuing to behave himself in shopping centres and supermarkets, although that might all change once he spends more time on the floor than in my arms (which isn't far off - he's definitely growing fast and my arms won't hold out much longer!).

He loves going for little walks on the lead - which up to now are just up and down the driveway.  I can't wait to see his reaction when he's allowed to go further (which won't be until he's been vaccinated).  It's hard to imagine when you see him wandering, pulling on the lead, sniffing everything and picking up stones that he could one day be guiding a blind or partially sighted person around busy streets.

It's over to you now for Handmade Monday...

11 comments:

Christmas Pie Crafts said...

Aaah, he is so lovely. summer is definitely on the way - fingers crossed. It would be so nice to have warm sunny days until, say, November. :-) Hope you have a good week

Myth Illogical said...

In hoping for a proper Spring before I even think of summer! Today has been lovely though.

Free Spirit Designs said...

Those summer papers are really cheery aren't they although i have to say i'm in no hurry for summer with such lovely spring weather to enjoy just now! :)

Little Quentin is so cute. I remember our dog Rivers's first proper walk - it was very exciting for all involved! :)

Ginx Craft said...

Gosh, Quentin really looks like he has changed quite a bit since last week. I find the thinking ahead with the seasons very tricky.

Highland Monkey's said...

Hope we have a good spring before we burst into summer! Quentin is such a cute little puppy.

Unknown said...

Quentin is so, so cute! Look at him staring straight into the camera! Happy Handmade Monday :)

Dawn said...

Great to hear Quinten is still enjoying his training, they grow so very fast these precious are so important.

Happy Handmade Monday, my link isn't showing up for some reason this week :(

Wendy said...

Hi Dawn, it looks like your link is showing up at number 24 on the list - but do please email me if not. If there are ever any problems with the link, please do feel free to re-link x

Lucy Blossom said...

It's nice to think of sunnier weather, isn't it? I'm not sure that I could work too far out of season though - I confuse easily!

Wendy said...

Haha, me too! You can't possibly be more easily confused than me! Maybe it's a craft thing...

Hazel said...

I just have to comment on Quentin! He is so gorgeous and I'm glad so far he's doing well. Let's hope that he continues to do well with his training as he grows. My husband had two guide dogs, but, sadly, because of mobility problems, he had to say goodbye to his last one. Guide dogs have a special place in our hearts. xx